2014 looking back, by Pace

By Wednesday, December 31, 2014




2014 has been an interesting year for me. At the end of 2013, I separated from my partner of 3 years. It was a difficult decision but one I knew deep down in my heart to be correct. I continued to live and work in Lisbon Portugal as a freelance tour guide.



Life was good in Lisbon, I worked a few days a week, earning just enough to pay my rent, a room in a shared house. Keeping my expenses at a minimum, buying clothes from charity shops and food from local markets, I had plenty of time to relax, train and study.


 

Work provided me plenty opportunity to meet people from all over the world, I had many friends with whom I would spend my free days, all-in-all I had no complaints. I was always aware of not really living a “standard” kind of lifestyle. So I had no real expectations of meeting a significant other anytime soon.








It came then as a complete surprise when I met Blu. We met through my house mate, only twice in person and merely to say hello to each other. Later we became friends through Skype. Blu was traveling a lot due to her work, I don’t know how it happened, but I fell in love with a girl that I had never really met before. I don't believe in hiding my feeling, I have learn't may times over that life is way too short, I told Blu through Skype how I felt, that was on the 12th of March 2014.




By the end of April we were speaking day and night. I stayed awake to join Blu for breakfast, and she awoke early to have dinner with me. We were already inseparable. It made complete sense then to follow my heart, leave Lisbon, and move to Shanghai China. By the 8th of May I was on a flight to China carrying everything I owned.

My experience has taught me, to let go of fear, is to fully awaken.

Since arriving in China every day has become a new adventure. Just being with another person with whom I can completely share my soul, no barriers, is something very special indeed. That is what Blu and I have, we are best friends, growing together, exploring the world and expanding our awareness.



We have now traveled through China, down into Laos, then into Cambodia and onto Bangkok. Since living in Bangkok we have only grown closer, always working to live and not the other way around. We have visited Laos 3 times together, each time an experience that has elevated my soul.













2014 was also a year to remove people from my life. This is sadly something we all have to do at stages of life. There are those who will always bring you down, negate you and project onto you. Experience and wisdom helps create emotional stability to face these situations, do so without holding onto anger, clearing the way to enjoy what is to come.
By letting go of who I thought I was, and connecting to that which I am to become, I have found joy, happiness and love in each and every day. I face 2015 with acceptance, love and a truly awakened view of the world, which I have the great pleasure of sharing with Blu.

Wishing everyone a wonderful 2015, filled with love and peace.



Pace

You Might Also Like

1 comments