2014 looking back, by Blu

By Wednesday, December 31, 2014



2014 was without any doubts a year full of surprises! A year of changing, awakening... Of learning more and more about myself and the world, but above all, it was a year of LOVE!


I started the year in Shanghai, which is a very familiar place to me. By the end of January, after a very busy and cold work season, I flew to Brazil to see my family.
Dinner with the FMI family in Shanghai

Well, a lot happened in February. It was a emotionally confusing month! I was on my own after the end of a 5 years relationship... I had a lot going on in my head and a lot of options of what to do in front of me.

Being home, got me distracted, especially with the birth of my little niece being so close.

By the start of March I had decided to travel to Taipei one more time for work. During my last days in Brazil, Manuela, my beautiful niece was born, and someone quite special got into my life, although we had met before in Lisbon, this was the start of my story with Pace.

Visiting Manuela at the hospital, the day before I flew to Taipei.

From the day I got in Taipei, Pace and I messaged each other everyday, while he was in Lisbon. On the 12th of March, Pace spoke to me on Skype about his feelings for me, and I couldn't be happier as I felt the same for him.


We spoke every day, we learnt about each other, he gave me cooking classes through Skype :), and our love just grew stronger and stronger. We weren't in the same continent, but we were both very sure about our love.
Skyping with Pace while waiting at the backstage from a fashion show in Taipei.

End of April, and a big surprise from Pace: he was flying to my next destination, Shanghai, to meet me in 2 weeks!
My Last days in Taipei, with the FMI team

9th of May... Almost 2 months in a relationship through Skype, and finally the day we got together. Everything just felt right.
One of our first photos together, at the airport.

2 months in China and our next plans were to backpack throughout Southeast Asia.
In Hangzhou, China

Shanghai

Backpacking!! As a model, I was used to traveling with 2 big suitcases, lots of shoes, clothes, cosmetics.... Guess what? I could not take most of that with me! I bought a rucksack and I could only take with me what would fit in there.

I learn't how to minimize, to understand the difference between things I want and things I need.


Laos, Cambodia... And we decided to stop for a while in Bangkok, rent a place, do some work and have a routine.
Luang Prabang, Laos

Night Market in Luang Prabang

Paddy fields in Don Det, Laos

At the Bird's Nest community in Phnom Penh




In Cambodia, after a lot of thinking, I chose my traveling name: Blu


Our place for 6 months in Bangkok

This was a year of learning! About everything...

Looking back and seeing the changes that happened in my life during this year makes me very proud and thankful.

I submitted myself to something bigger than me, and I found my soul mate...


I went to places, I met new people, I got to see old friends...
Every job is a different experience, different location, different people
In Bangkok I got to catch up with my little sister, Barbára


The most important, I got to understand there's always time for learning, studying, doing new things, being creative, doing what I love, and loving myself.

I wish everybody a Happy 2015, a year full of love, happiness and peace!

You Might Also Like

0 comments